I’m a reader. And a writer, too. Besides managing this website and writing articles and book reviews on an array of websites, I work as a research writer in an IT research and advisory firm. I live in Delhi.
Follow my Instagram account (@writerly_life) for regular updates: what I am reading, brief book reviews and book recommendations.
Want to get a book reviewed? If you are a publisher or an author and want to get your book reviewed, then please drop a message on my Instagram account or email me at email@example.com.
Writerly Life Newsletters
10h Newsletter: All These Days; September 4, 2020
9th Newsletter: What I Talk About When I Talk About Book Reviews; August 8, 2020
8th Newsletter: Mental Health in the Time of Corona; July 25, 2020
7th Newsletter: I Heard That June Is Over; July 5, 2020
6th Newsletter: Why Am I Writing This? June 20, 2020
5th Newsletter: Some Lives Have Mattered Less, Always! June 6, 2020
4th Newsletter: Put an End to Queerphobia; May 24, 2020
3rd Newsletter: Embracing a New Reality; May 10, 2020
2nd Newsletter: Reading in the Time of Coronavirus; April 25, 2020
1st Newsletter: Your Fortnightly Literature Digest; April 10, 2020
- “How I Became a Chinese Bamboo,” story published in the anthology book “Blues Under the Silver Hues.” 2016.
- “So how did you feel?” an essay published in Cipher Shorts’ Chapbook “There Will Always Be Nights Like This” on the impact the worldwide lockdown had on queer lives, 2020; Cipher Press, UK.
“Reading a Zine for the First Time” an essay highlighting the experience that I had reading a queer zine for the first time got published in the one-year anniversary of Queer Zine Library. “Queer Zine Library: Year 1,” Queer Zine Library; UK.
- “The Twitter Powerhouse.” The Equator Line. (Stories from the Other World. Issue: January-March 2019.)
- “The Guru’s Wrestlers.” The Equator Line. (Loneliness of the Underdog. Issue: July-September 2018.)
Online Magazine/Portals — not exhaustive
1. Gaysi Family
- All Is Well With Saikat Majumdar; August 24, 2020
- Meet Lovely, the Soon-to-Be Actress From ‘A Burning’; July 23, 2020
- Are You a Geneticist, Mr Swamy? June 27, 2020
- Hate Gives Identity: How “Between the World and Me” Explains Breakability of a Black Queer Body, February, 2020
- A Tale of Divide, Desire and a Devadasi: Girl Made of Gold by Gitanjali Kolanad; June 5, 2020
- Book Review: Freedom Fables by Rokeya Sakhawat Hossain; May 19, 2020
- How India Responded State-Sponsored Oppression Through Art, January, 2020
- Book Review: Unruly Visions: The Aesthetic Practices of Queer Diaspora by Gayatri Gopinath, November, 2019
3. Youth Ki Awaaz — Community Editor (September 2019 – March 2020)
- Book Review, Mandu: “A Rejuvenating Tale of a Romantic Past”; August 26, 2020
- “It Would Take 202 Years to Close the Gender Gap”: Human Development Report, 2019, February, 2020
- John Banville: A Hoax Call for ‘The Man Who Nearly Won the Nobel Prize’; October 21, 2019
- My Love Is No Different: How to Handle a Society That Normalizes the Hatred of Gay People, January, 2019
- My Counsellor’s Advice: We Must Educate Them, Hating Is Not a Solution, July, 2019